вторник, 28 июля 2015 г.

Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce

Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce


Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce


Moist and flavorful this Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce has all the delicious flavors of your traditional gingerbread with a sweet and creamy glaze.


So we have to admit it, Christmas is coming fast. I figured I COULD start whipping out Christmas recipes and people might not complain. But I’m sure some people will be taken aback at the reality that time is literally flying and we are only a short few months away! How can that be?!?!


In all honesty, I love the flavor of gingerbread all year long. The molasses and the ginger and spices just bring this sense of comfort and they are literally a party in my mouth, so I’m not going to complain. It’s more of a Fall flavor to me than just a Christmas flavor. I mean who decided that there are certain seasons for specific foods? I mean really?


Anyways, I have learned to really really love bread pudding. I’ve made these tasty Coconut Cream Bread Pudding and Bacon Caramel Roll Bread Pudding in the past and I just can’t get enough. So why not combine one of my favorite flavors with one of my favorite desserts? Or is it breakfast? I think that one is highly debatable!


This Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla sauce has a hint of the gingerbread flavor and a creamy and sweet vanilla sauce that covers the top. The two flavors play really well together. You can taste the gingerbread flavor without it being overwhelming but still taste it through the sauce.


If you’ve never made bread pudding before, do not fear. It is simpler than you probably imagine. Usually using day old bread is recommended but I never do that. What I do do though is toast my bread in the oven for about 10 minutes to make it just the slightest bit crispy which helps the liquid from the milk and eggs absorb and give it the custardy texture.


Then you throw it in a baking pan and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour and that’s it. See literally THAT IS IT. I really like making bread pudding because all the flavors that you can play around with are so versatile. Egg nog? Sure! Pumpkin? I like the sound of that. Caramel….oh yes please. Possibilities are endless.


These simple dishes are also great for get togethers. I actually had my first bread pudding when we were at a buffet in Las Vegas and I was instantly hooked! I have to admit that it was literally amazing. I wish I could recreate that exact one, but I don’t remember what it was How sad is that?!?


But since then I’ve been making bread pudding and bringing the to family gatherings because my family has been huge lovers of the stuff since I was little, unfortunately I wasn’t as adventurous of an eater back then as I am now so it had waited too many years before I really appreciated the awesomeness that is bread pudding.


So if you’re looking for a great option for your next brunch or holiday gathering this Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce would make a great choice for something comforting yet different enough to stand out!


Original article and pictures take http://tornadoughalli.com/2016/10/gingerbread-bread-pudding-with-vanilla-sauce/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий