четверг, 10 сентября 2015 г.

Homemade Marshmallow Fluff! This tastes SOO much better than store bought!

Homemade Marshmallow Fluff! This tastes SOO much better than store bought!


Homemade Marshmallow Fluff! This tastes SOO much better than store bought!


I think I have a recipe very similar to this where you use honey…I think it was from a cookbook called “The Wheat Book.”


Thanks for this! Going to try it, can’t wait. Isn’t it about the same thing as when my Mom made what she called “Seven-minute Icing” or something like that……? yummmm!


Yes!! thats what I was just thinking Im definitely going to try this to see if it is I loved that icing as a kid havent had it since.


Thank you so much for sharing!! xoxo I’ve been looking for this!! Thank you again


Do you let the syrup mixture cool? Seems like pouring 248° syrup onto egg whites will just “cook” them.


I did not let the syrup cool. I just made sure I poured it very slowly in a thin stream.


Just be sure your mixer is on when you add the syrup. I make an Italian Meringue Buttercream that uses the same method.


Well, the syrup does cook the egg whites, but you pour it very slowly so it doesn’t make ‘chunky’ cooked eggs. It needs to ‘cook’ the eggs otherwise you would be eating raw eggs.


Yes, this is basically Italian Meringue. You could also do a Swiss Meringue and it would taste very similar and give anyone with misgivings about the egg whites reaching a safe temperature peace of mind.


I asked my government-vet brother-in-law about salmonella from raw eggs. He says that salmonella poisoning comes from the egg shells and not inside the egg, so if you wash your eggs carefully before you use them, they should be safe.


That’s a great tip Joanne! Thank you for sharing.


Eggs are porous and washing them could allow anything on the outside to enter the egg. I would look this up for more information if this is something you intend on doing.


Kristin: My grandmother makes a Swiss Meringue that I think seems to be about the same. (That IS when you use a hand mixer to beat the icing while it’s in a double boiler, correct?) Keeping the egg whites over the heat for a while makes me much less nervous about food safety!


Is Karo ok to use for this?


Yes, should work just fine… Karo is a brand name of corn syrup! Enjoy!


I would love to try this, but I am allergic to eggs. Is there anything that I can substitute for the egg whites??


Just google “Vegan marshmallow fluff recipe” There are some great ones and because it’s vegan no eggs!


This is same recipe as divinity isn’t it?


Is this a lot like marshmallow cream you buy? I’m wondering if it could be substituted for marshmallows in Rice Krispie treats.


It’s like the marshmallow cream you buy but it’s a bit thicker and tastes so much better!


Can this be used to frost between cake layers and on top ?


Yes it can be used as frosting. Try flavoing it with any other extract you like. Peppermint, cherry, pineapple, whatever your heart desires! You can also color it! I add my coloring just before I add the hot syrup.


Can this be made with Splenda or any other sweetener?


About how much does this make and can it be doubled? I have six young kids plus I babysit a lot so we go through a jar of fluff fast. Making a big batch would make sense in my house.


I haven’t tried doubling it. This makes about 4 cups


Hi! I’m living in Italy and I dearly mis USA style marshmallow. Can’t find corn syrup. Can I double the sugar or substitute honey? Had to buy creme of tartar at the pharmacy!


Oh how I LOVE Italy! <3


Here is a Corn Syrup substitute recipe, I have not tried it so if you do try it, please let us know how it works for you!


How long does this keep stored in the refrigerator?


It will keep about 2 weeks (but it may not last that long )


I stored this in the pantry. It was good for a couple months. We could tell when it was past it’s shelf life as it went from nice and fluffy to pourable.


ACtually, it is EXACTLY the same corn syrup as that “icky, evil, yuckerbooboos High Fructose Corn Syrup” you’ve all been brainwashed into believing “causes (insert dire disease here)”. But hey, who’s counting, right?


Corn syrup (Karo) is actually glucose. High Fructose Corn Syrup has undergone a chemical process converting some of the glucose into fructose (about 50/50).


It is true that some brands of corn syrup may have HFCS added but if they do, it will be listed on the ingredients label.


Take a jar of Marshmallow Cream, a container of Cool Whip and whip in a half of box of strawberry jello for a delicious fruit dip. I have been doing this for years.


That sounds good! I use a jar of marshmallow crime and a bar of cream cheese, stir together until smooth. Makes a great dip for strawberries – especially early in the season when they are not quite at their peak and need a little sweetening.


How long does this recipe save? We are down in Australia and this is not easily accessed (as well as corn syrup) I’d like to be able to make some to have on hand. Thanks!!


I’ve kept it about 10 days (but it doesn’t last longer than that in my house).


Hi Holly


Thank you for sharing this recipe. What I am wanting to know is if I frost a cake with this fluff, will it dry hard if being served the next day? I am scared it will get hard or tacky.


Thank yo so much


Tania


The fluff should not harden however it may get tacky as the marshmallow mixture is quite sticky.


how long will this last in a jar?


I’m sorry! I saw you replying the other person and you said 10 days. Thank you


You’re welcome! Enjoy Eva!


Just put it in a pressure cooker with water 1/2 inch above the can and cook for 35 minutes. No fuss no clean up and no worrying about the water level etc… I even cook 2 cans at once without a problem.


Homemade Marshmallow Fluff! This tastes SOO much better than store bought!


Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!


My sister and I made this the other day and it is SO delicious! While it does take a little time, it’s very simple to make and tastes so much better than the store bought marshmallow fluff!


This recipe uses vanilla for flavoring, but I can’t wait to make it again and play with the flavorings by adding different extracts… next on my list to try is almond!


While there is corn syrup in this recipe… it is NOT the same product as that High Fructose Corn Syrup which most of us are trying to avoid. I hope you enjoy this homemade marshmallow fluff recipe!


3 large egg whites


2 tablespoons sugar


½ teaspoon vanilla extract


With a wisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.


Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until soft peaks form, set aside.


Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add ⅓ cup water, corn syrup, and ⅔ cup sugar.


Cook over medium heat while stirring until the mixture reaches firm ball stage (instructions below) or 248 degrees on a candy thermometer. This step will take about 15 minutes.


Fill a glass with cold water and drop a small spoonful of the mixture into the cold water. Remove the mixture from the cold water and it should hold its shape, but quickly flatten.


Once the corn syrup mixture has reached firm ball stage, turn the mixer onto medium and in a slow steady stream, pour the corn syrup mixture into the beaten egg whites.


Once all of the corn syrup mixture has been added, beat on high for 5 minutes.


Add vanilla extract and beat on high 1 minute


Store in a tightly sealed container


Here are a few more recipes that you’ll love!


Sweet Spring Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes * White Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares *


This recipe was slightly adapted by Martha Stewart’s Momma Reiner’s Homemade Marshmallow Cream


Original article and pictures take http://www.spendwithpennies.com/homemade-marshmallow-fluff/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий