воскресенье, 29 ноября 2015 г.

Lemon Silk 049

Lemon Silk 049


Lemon Silk 049


This sounds wonderful! Would it work if i used whip cream?


Teresa, I have never made it with real whipped cream. But if you try it, please let me know how it turned out.


Does the lemon silk trifle hold up well if made the day before? I hope so because I really want to make it for Thanksgiving.


Yes, you can make it the day before, and it is also good as leftovers the next day. Hope your family enjoys it as much as ours!


I can hardly wait to try the cucumber dressing. I know it made my mouth water when I read through the recipe. Thanks!


I need to know how many egg yolks you used….I see 6, but there are also some already beaten in the bowl..Thank…so excited about this!


Ah, I love anything that is lemon and creamy! This is perfect, thank you!


Thanks for sharing and I will certainly like to try sometime in the future. Jean


Jane:


Your lemon silk dessert looks wonderful! Will have to try this sometime….I love lemony desserts!!! Hope you had a nice Christmas!!


Jane,


Thank you for sharing this terrific recipe at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!


This looks incredibly refreshing and light. What a great way to feed a crowd. Merry Christmas to you and your family Jane. I have enjoyed getting to know you these past few months. I look forward to more great recipes and projects in 2012. Happy New Year!


Hi Jane,


Thanks for sharing this! It looks delicious and not too hard to make. (smile)


Merry Christmas!


Looks so yummy!! Thank you for sharing!!


What a pretty dessert, and I can tell it’s one I’d love!


Your trifle bowl is gorgeous. Whenever I make a trifle, I put it in one of my glass salad bowls…..I think I need to go on a hunt for a pretty antique one like yours!


Jane, I hope your Christmas is very merry and truly wonderful!


I want to make this thank youMerry Christmas


My favorite food groups-what’s not to like! I make a lemon ice box cake that is so pretty and delicious too-I will have to share that sometime.


Oh, yum! I love lemon and “Eagle Brand Milk” in anything, and this looks delicious. I’m making it… right after we finish the red velvet cake.


Thanks for sharing your mom’s recipe and have a great Christmas. I know it’ll be yummy!


Oh Jane, this looks so delicious! I love lemon flavored desserts, so this is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing your recipe!


This looks absolutely fantastic! I am saving this recipe and plan to make it for New Year’s!


Merry Christmas!


Hi Jane!!


This looks too too yummy!!! Thank you for sharing all these wonderful family recipes… ALSO…. I received “Tart Love” the amazing book that I won today!!! Soooo excited.. and It was so kind of you to take the time to send a card / Christmas message!!! We are already picking out what to try first!!! LOL…. Merry Christmas to you and yours at the Crossroads!! Terri


Yummy!


Okay, this is definitely my type of recipe. I love lemon and sweetened condensed milk. Thanks for sharing.


Lemon Silk 049


If you need a dessert recipe to feed a large group of people, then you need to try my mother’s Lemon Silk. And the beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can make it a day ahead.


This is not an original recipe. My mother attended a meeting about 15 years ago, and a chef from Charleston was the featured speaker. He prepared this dish and everyone raved about it, and my mother has been making this ever since. I have made this dish many times, too, and I always get requests for the recipe.


Lemon Silk 003


First, you will need a pound cake. I made my mother-in-law’s pound cake, whose recipe can be found here. But if you don’t have time to bake one, you can always buy one in the bakery section of the grocery store.


Lemon Silk 007


Next, you will need 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk. Notice that one of mine is fat-free. You con’t really need that. It’s just what I had on hand.


Lemon Silk 009


You will need 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice. You could juice your own lemons, but this makes it so much easier.


Lemon Silk 012


And you will need a 16 ounce tub of whipped topping (Cool Whip) and 1 lemon for garnish.


Lemon Silk 022


First, separate 8 yolks from egg whites. I save my egg whites and use them in omelets.


Lemon Silk 024


Beat the egg yolks on medium speed until they turn a creamy, yellow color.


Lemon Silk 026


Slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk while they continue to beat.


Lemon Silk 028


Next, add 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice to the mixture and beat until everything is incorporated. If you are worried about using uncooked egg yolks in this recipe, don’t worry. No bacteria is going to grow in such an acidic environment!


Lemon Silk 031


By hand, gently fold the whipped topping into the egg yolk mixture.


Lemon Silk 037


Next, tear some pound cake into small pieces and place in a layer at the bottom of a trifle dish. Isn’t this one pretty? It’s an antique one that my sister-in-law Jean gave me.


Lemon Silk 039


Put a layer of the Lemon Silk mixture on top of the pound cake, and continue to layer until your run out of room.


Lemon Silk 040


I only used half of my pound cake, and I had some of the Lemon Silk mixture left. If I’m taking this dish somewhere, I will usually make up a small container with the leftovers.


Lemon Silk 042


It looks pretty just the way it is, but if you want to make it special, add a little garnish by


Lemon Silk 044


using a zester to add some lemon zest on the top along with a twisted lemon slice.


Lemon Silk 046


Everybody that I know loves this recipe! It’s the perfect, make ahead dessert!


I’m joining:


Original article and pictures take http://cottageatthecrossroads.com/my-mothers-lemon-silk/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий