понедельник, 4 апреля 2016 г.

Pumpkin Bundt Cake

Pumpkin Bundt Cake


Pumpkin Bundt Cake


Such a beautiful bundt! I love the orange in there!


Thanks, Katrina! I think the orange also adds a lovely note to this cake


Is the cup measurement for the flour correct?


I thought 400g would be nearly 4 cups of flour?


Hi Emilye,


I confess to cheating a bit and used the American measurements for this recipe from this website: http://www.thesocial.ca/Food/Recipes/Pumpkin-Bundt-Cake-recipe


But I have just checked and measured the flour myself, and you are quite right … 400g flour is just under 4 cups of flour. In fact, it is 3 2/3 cup. I have amended the recipe to show this.


Thanks for pointing this out to me!


This is beautiful! I typically don’t enjoy bunds cakes because of their dryness, but this recipe doesn’t seem like it would be dry – maybe because of the pumpkin? Love the icing, too!


Hi Mimi,


This cake is definitely not dry. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised by how soft and moist it was. And being a moist cake, it also keeps well over several days


This looks so delicious, I love the colours and I love that heritage bundt tin! It’s a beauty.


Well done!


Thanks, Angela! I love using this bundt tin – it makes any cake look so glam


What a beautiful pumpkin cake, Thanh! And I love that you did the chopped pistachios instead of chocolate here. It’s so novel and such a great pop of color! <3


On a recent visit to the Jucker Farm, a pumpkin patch just outside of Zurich, I treated myself to a slice of their famous pumpkin cake which was topped with lemon icing and pistachios.


My husband rolled his eyes at the sight of this city-slicker drinking a latté macchiato on a farm and indulging in an American-inspired cake. But the Swiss love American culture, and having spent a few years living in the US, I am rather grateful for it too.


But despite pumpkin cake being an American invention, the recipe for this beautiful Pumpkin Bundt Cake comes via the British Nigella Lawson from her latest cookbook, Simply Nigella.


Ever since the release of her first cookbook, How to Eat, Nigella has had a continued presence in my kitchen. Not a week goes by when I am not cooking from one of her cookbooks, and I’m not sure I could even name a favourite; they have all been useful to me in different ways and in the different phases of my life.


Nigella makes no secret of her love for all things Americana, so I wasn’t surprised to see a recipe for this Pumpkin Bundt Cake in Simply Nigella.


Nigella suggests grating dark chocolate over the orange frosting but, inspired by my recent afternoon tea at the Jucker Farm, I instead sprinkled chopped pistachios over the cake for a bit of crunch and colour. Nigella also uses tinned pumpkin in her recipe, whereas I am making the most of the newly seasonal pumpkins by making my own pumpkin purée (see Cook’s Notes below). In any event, tinned pumpkin is not readily available where I live, and having fresh pumpkin purée to hand is also rather convenient when preparing meals for my little ones.


I’m not sure how tinned pumpkin purée compares to fresh pumpkin purée in the finished cake, but as fresh pumpkin purée is usually more liquid (this also depends on what type of pumpkin you use), I daresay that it makes for a softer cake. The result I had was an incredibly moist and moreish cake, heady with autumnal spices. The children loved it so much that they had seconds I only wish they ate their roasted or steamed pumpkin with the same enthusiasm!


The cake tin I have used is a Nordicware Heritage Bundt Pan, but you can use any other Bundt pan with a 10 cup or 2.4 litre capacity. As I have had many disasters with cakes sticking to the intricate grooves of various Bundt pans, I highly recommend using a special baking spray for Bundt pans, as well as flouring the pan for extra reassurance.


I can’t think of a more impressive cake to serve this autumn.


Cook’s Notes


To make your own pumpkin purée, peel and remove the seeds from about 500 g of pumpkin. Cut the pumpkin into large pieces of roughly equal size. You can either boil or steam the pumpkin. To boil, bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the pumpkin and cook for about 30 minutes until the pumpkin is tender. To steam, bring a large pot of water to the boil, place the pumpkin in the steamer basket and steam for about 50-60 minutes until the pumpkin is tender. Place the cooked pumpkin into the bowl of a large food processor and blitz until you have a fine purée. Leave the purée to cool completely before using in this recipe. Any leftover pumpkin purée can be kept in a covered container in the fridge for a few days.


Share your photos!


If you have tried this recipe, I would love to hear how it turned out! Please leave a comment below and share your photos on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #eatlittlebird


SHOP THIS RECIPE


Original article and pictures take http://eatlittlebird.com/2016/10/20/pumpkin-bundt-cake/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий