среда, 6 апреля 2016 г.

Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars with a Streusel Topping

Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars with a Streusel Topping


Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars with a Streusel Topping


I am glad you had some extra photos to post this recipe because I really love it. I have to buy some pure pumpkins cans to bake more fall recipes!


ps: I hope all is well with you and your cute newborn baby


You are so sweet!! Thank you Olivia Life is going great with the cute newborn!!


Can these be made the night before the event? Thanks!


Absolutely!


Oh gosh I’ve totally done that – accidentally deleting photos!! But these bars sound so so good! That topping!


Me too ! Now I tell my photo app to automatically send all the pics I take to the onedrive.com cloud. A W E S U M !!


Brilliant! Thank you!


Totally drooling – these look mouthwatering! Pinned!


These cheesecake bars look fantastic, Chelsea! Caramel and pumpkin make the best combo. And that streusel topping is just amazing!


This is the ultimate! Cheesecake, pumpkin AND streusel? Yeah , I’m sold. Thanks for sharing. Pinned!


Going crazy for that streusel…and the caramel…and the pumpkin…and the cheesecake. Long story short: I want these.


Haha!! Thank you so much


Oh my these look heavenly. That caramel dripping down has my name on it. I am actually the opposite at the moment though as my fridge is positively bursting with apples. I’ve already made two pies!


Can’t wait to make these tonite. Could you explain how to turn the caramels into topping?


I’ll let you know how they turn out. Your pics look lovely.


Yay!! I hope you love them and can’t wait to hear what you think of them For the caramel topping I just used a storebought caramel topping. If you want to make your own, here’s a great recipe for homemade salted caramel.


I’m making these right now and the streusel topping makes a ton!! do you use it all? Thanks


Yes I did!! If you want less though, feel free to adjust it to your personal preference:)


Wow!!! Thanks so much for the quick reply. Just stuck them in the oven…can’t wait to taste!


How did they come out!?


Oh my… these pumpkin caramel cheesecake bars look SUPER delicious


Yum!! Cinnamon graham crackers are my fav!! These bars look pretty incredible.


Thank you Melissa!


Can you freeze the pumpkin caramel cheesecake bars? These are making me drool! Thank you..


I’m not sure I haven’t ever frozen them or any cheesecake sorry to not be of more help!


Would like to make these for Thanksgiving, can I make these ahead of time and/or how many days will they keep in the refrig?


Cheesecakes will generally last up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator. It’s best to keep it in its original container, and tightly wrapped in plastic wrap/tin foil. For best results, keep the cheesecake in the freezer until the night before you’d like to serve it. This will change slightly because of the streusel on this recipe, so I’d recommend doing this cheesecake without the streusel if you are storing it for a few days.


Have you ever tried doubling it and using an 8 1/2 x 11 pan? Curious about the cooking time in this situation…..


I’m sorry, I haven’t! (I don’t even have that size pan, so I really don’t know!)


Should I use salted or unsalted butter?!


I used unsalted


This looks delicious!! Would it be good to sit in the fridge for 24 hours with the streusel topping?


They should be just fine. Cover them tightly And don’t drizzle on caramel until right before serving. Hope you love these!


Thank You!!


You state we must use pumpkin PURÉE, NOT PUMPIKIN PIE FILLING. You mention coming up with the recipe due to having a lot (800) cans of pumpkin.


Pumpkin PUREE is really really expensive. Can we use pure pumpkin instead of PUREE?


Thank you.


I’m sorry!! Wasn’t trying to be confusing there Yes canned pumpkin is what I use in these bars! I hope you love these!


This looks delicious. Do you think I could use my 8in springform pan and serve it in slices like cheesecake? Would the cooking time remain the same?


Thanks


I’m sorry Melva, I haven’t tried it in a springform pan so I can’t say for sure. Hopefully someone else can comment if they’ve tried it and had success!


Just wanted to let you know I’m making these for a second time today and I couldn’t be happier with this recipe. Everyone raves about these sweet little bars….absolutley love the streusel topping!!!


Thanks so much for a great recipe, a new favorite in my family for sure.


Oh this comment makes my day!! SO happy to hear you all have enjoyed it so much and I’m honored it’s a new family favorite recipe!! Thanks Kelsey!


In the oven right now for a Thanksgiving treat! Can hardly wait to try one!


Yay!! Hope you loved them!


I literally saw these on Pinterest and out loud said, “Pumpkin and cheesecake? Yes. Wait… Wait a minute… {leaning in toward screen} Is that caramel?! Nuh uh…” Can’t wait to try these! Thanks for sharing


Just made these tonight. Can not wait to dig in!!!! Bring on fall & all things pumpkin!


I hope you loved these Lauren!


Should I freeze between adding layers, to avoid them mixing? Or will that effect baking time?


I wouldn’t recommend that. If you are careful, they shouldn’t mix. They stay pretty separated. Hope that helps!


I’ve got these in the refrigerator cooling down but I want one now! Super easy to make, and it looks deelish!


Thanks so much for the comment Sheena! I hope you LOVE them!


I love these! Just put them in the oven! I’ve made them 3 times in the last month. So so yummmm! Thank you for the recipe


Wow! Three times; thats awesome! Thanks so much for the comment; I’m thrilled you’ve enjoyed these!


I doubled the recipe, followed exactly and used a true half sheet pan. It made the perfect amount to fill the pan, as I am making these for a bake sale so I wanted thinner layers and larger bars. They are in the oven now, will post the results!


Results: PERFECT!! Had to keep a close eye on it and reduced baking time to about 35 minutes at 350F


Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your results! I’m thrilled these turned out perfectly!


Awesome! Can’t wait to hear your results!


Made a double recipe this weekend. It was a HUGE hit with the family! We ate it all weekend, and everyone kept commenting about how DELICIOUS it is! And I even forgot to put the caramel on top!! Can’t wait to try it again WITH the caramel. The streusel seems excessive when making it, but it is almost the best part. That crunch on the top is what makes this even better than regular cheesecake. Thanks for sharing!


Hi Chanin! Thanks so much for sharing your review on this recipe I am so happy to hear it was such a hit with everyone over the weekend!! And I’m glad you love the streusel — it’s definitely my favorite part


Hi there,


I am a “no wheat” household, and plan to use gf gingersnaps instead of the graham crackers for the crust. What alternative flour do you suggest for the struesel topping?


I would use oat flour Enjoy!


Hi Chelsea,


I just made these and was just wondering how to store them. My husband is taking to work tommorow . Should I cut them up and put in a plate or just send in the dish?


Hi Jennifer! I hope these bars are a huge hit! Either way should work fine, I’d probably cut them up on a plate to make it easier, but in the pan is great too!


I only have a 9×9 pan or 8×8 glass dish is that ok to use or will it change cooking time?


It will change the cooking time (I wish I could tell you how much but I’m not sure without testing) so you’ll need to watch them carefully. Enjoy Rosa!


Made this today for Canadian Thanksgiving. Huge hit with the family!! So delicious!


Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!! I’m so thrilled these were a hit; thank you for the comment Karen!


Just took mine out of the oven! Smells delicious, I can’t wait to eat it!


I hope you love them!


I won a bake off using this recipe! I did give credit to the maker, and gave out the link! Absolutely Devine! Thank you so much!


Oh my gosh that is AWESOME! made my day to hear that!! Thanks Emily


LOVE LOVE LOVE! I made these last night for my hubby and my oh my we were both drooling!!! This is one of the best desserts I’ve ever made at home and it will definitely me a go-to recipe for the holidays, parties, and just because!;) Way better than regular pumpkin cheesecake–that crust with the streusel is heavenly. Thanks for this to-die-for recipe!<3


Wow what a compliment!! I am so thrilled this was such a hit and will become your go-to Thank you Hilary!


Thanks for the great recipe! I just made them and they turned out delicious! My cheesecake loving husband highly approves! I wanted to let you know a few adjustments I made since I live in Europe and don’t have access to all the ingredients:


I used Speculous cookies for the crust and left out the sugar in the crust. So just Speculous cookies and butter. I used 4 (125 gram) packs of Philadelphia cream cheese; I think that is a little more than 16 ounces. And I’ve never been able to find canned pumpkin here, but I did find a bag of frozen pumpkin. I thawed the pumpkin in the microwave, then pureed it with an immersion blender. It was a little waterier than I would have liked, but it worked.


And I baked it in an 8 1/2 by 11 pan (from Ikea) at 150 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes.


I hope that helps someone else!


Allison, thank you SO much for all your help for readers outside of the US! I appreciate your tips and substitution suggestions I’m so happy that these bars turned out delicious!


I made so many mistakes while I made these, chief among them that I for some reason I mixed all of the cheesecake layer together in the bowl so um, there weren’t two layers when I baked. And I forgot the vanilla in the streusel. And I think something else. And guess what? EVERYBODY loved these at knitting group today, lots of gals wanted the recipe, and the taste was fabulous. Apparently despite my best efforts you can’t wreck these puppies, they’re awesome! Thanks!


Haha I love your comment! I’m so thrilled they still worked out well and everyone loved them! Thank you so much for your review and giving these a try Heather!


Thinking about giving these to teachers. Does it have to stay refrigerated?


Nope they don’t


I just made these last night. I made two batches for my husband to take to work today. I don’t bake, for one, my husband is the type of guy who will eat all the sweets in the house because he has no self control. So it’s very rare that there are desserts of any kind in our home. With that being said, this actually turned out REALLY good! When making the crust, your directions said to mix together until a thick dough forms. I saw no dough, I saw a cup and a half of wet crumbs lol kinda freaked out at that point. But I followed your directions to a T, and after baking and letting the cake sit in the fridge for a few hours, the crust came out perfect :)) Nice and hard like a crust should! I also had a hard time making the streusel, I couldn’t seem to have the butter melted enough or to much. But again, after baking it and letting it sit in the fridge, it came out perfectly, even my husband loved the top! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing dessert! Im excited to hear how much the guys enjoyed it!


I’m so happy this dessert turned out so well and everything worked out perfectly! I hope all the guys love it. Thank you so much for your comment and sharing your experience with these bars Christine!


Chelsea. Thank-you so very much for this decadent dessert recipe. I made these for our Pumpkin Bake Off for our hospital for National Respiratory Therapy Week. AND I won first place!!!!!!!!.


Everyone raved


Thank-you so much, Sue W


Omg!! That is so exciting!! I’m thrilled you came back and told me, thank you so much Sue! and CONGRATS


Thinking of trying to double this in a 9×13 pan, will it work? Or should I make two batches instead?


I haven’t personally tried it but I believe a few other readers have with success!


Delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars — two layers of cheesecake on a delicious cinnamon graham cracker crust all topped with an easy streusel and caramel sauce.


I had been craving a good cheesecake bar for some time when I saw these apple crisp cheesecake bars. I instantly wanted to make them and eat the entire pan.


HOWEVER. With no apples in the house, and absolutely zero desire to go to the grocery store, I had to figure out a way to adapt these magical bars and get some cheesecake ASAP.


And with the nearly 800 cans of pumpkin in my pantry for the ridiculous amount of testing and pumpkin baking, pumpkin was the first thing to come to mind. And gosh I’m glad it did — if you like pumpkin and cheesecake, these are going to be your new favorite dessert!These bars are super decadent, but not overly rich. They are thick and have all the best components of a cheesecake. Especially a pumpkin cheesecake!


P.S. I’m so sorry for the lack of photos. I had some step-by-step photos and some photos of different angles of these awesome cheesecake bars but accidentally deleted all the photos on my SD card before I had downloaded them to my computer. *FacePALM* Luckily I had a few photos on another SD card, but only a few…so those are the ones in this post!


Recipe inspired and highly adapted from these apple crisp cheesecake bars.


More delicious pumpkin recipes:


Original article and pictures take http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/pumpkin-caramel-cheesecake-bars-with-a-streusel-topping/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ChelseasMessyApron+(Chelsea's+Messy+Apron) site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий