понедельник, 11 апреля 2016 г.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe


Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe


I made this Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe this weekend and it turned out fabulous! I actually made 2 smaller pies out of the recipe because I didn’t have the right pan.


I’m so glad you enjoyed it!


Hi I have a quick question. I am planning to make this recipe for my family this Friday and I was wondering if omitting half the required sugar would still work?


I don’t know anything about baking but I am concerned on how it will affect the baking process?


Thank-you! I will rate this recipe once I bake it Reply


HI Lizbeth, I haven’t tried doing that so I can’t say for sure, but I would probably start experimenting with 1 cup sugar rather than 1 1/2 cups if I wanted to cut down the sugar. If you test it out, let me know how it goes


I made this today the the whole top was cracked. I did everything that the recipe said. I don’t know what happened. It still was very yummy! But the caramel sauce made the cheesecake soggy a little bit.


Also, can you please make more cheesecake recipies? I would really love that. And maybe some French macaroons? Thankyou! Reply


Hi Elizabeth, the caramel sauce is meant to be added prior to serving but it should not have made the top soggy – did you use a thinner sauce? I do have a great recipe for macarons here and my cheesecake recipes are here :). Enjoy!! Reply


I used homemade russian caramel sauce that my mom makes. Thankyou for the the links for recipies!


You are welcome Elizabeth


I use gingersnap cookies to make the crust for my pumpkin cheesecake. Kicks the flavor up several notches! But love the idea of caramel sauce and the rum-flavored whipped cream as toppings!


Jo Anne, thank you for sharing your version with us


OMG, can you say yuuuummmy? Made this cheesecake for the first time and it received rave reviews!! Thanks so much!!


Lori, I’m so glad to hear that . Thank you for such a nice review! Reply


Made this recipe and loved it !! Just made it again and is in the oven and forgot the flour…hopefully it turns out well


Katrina, thank you for the nice review


Is there no difference to brown sugar if I pumpkin pie mix vs pumpkin purée?


Hi Hua, I used the same amount


I am a diabetic so how many carbs are in this cheesecake? What can you use other than the sugar and the flour to substitute?


Hi Monica, I don’t have nutritional information on most of my recipes due to time constraints. Also, I haven’t tried any sugar or flour substitutions in this recipe and without experimenting, I really can’t make any recommendations for that. I do use the caloriecount.com recipe analyzer on occasion to get nutritional info. You can sign up for a free account there. I hope that helps!


The only thing that comes to mind is possibly beating the cheesecake mixture too long or on too high of speed which would incorporate more air into the mixture?


This pumpkin cheesecake recipe is easy and has just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. It tastes exactly like a cheesecake that crossed paths with a pumpkin pie – the best of both worlds. The only thing difficult about this cheesecake is waiting for it to cool down so you could eat it! This pumpkin cheesecake is delicious by itself but is just over-the-top impressive when you add some of that caramel sauce and rum-infused whipped cream. This is the perfect holiday dessert. It’s inspired by Fall, makes your home smell incredible, and will have your dinner guests humming with delight.


Pumpkin Cheesecake Crust:


1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 12 whole graham crackers)


6 Tbsp (3/4 stick) melted, unsalted butter


1 Tbsp sugar


1/2 tsp cinnamon


Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:


3 (8-ounces each) packages cream cheese, room temperature


1 1/2 cups (about 9 oz by weight) packed light brown sugar


15 oz can pumpkin pie mix or puree (or well drained homemade puree)


4 large eggs


1/4 cup sour cream


2 Tbsp all-purpose flour


2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or make your own)


1/4 tsp salt


1 Tbsp real vanilla extract


Optional Pumpkin Cheesecake Toppings:


1 cup of cold heavy cream beat with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp rum or vanilla


Pumpkin pie spice to dust


Toasted pecans


Caramel sauce – this 7-minute recipe will rock your cheesecake


How to Make a Pie Crust:


Preheat Oven to 350˚F.1. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form.


2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 6 Tbsp melted butter. Transfer into a 9-inch springform pan with 3\u2033 tall walls and use a large spoon to press crumbs into the bottom of your springform pan, and going about 1/2\u2033 up the sides of the pan. Bake at 350˚F for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temp.


How to make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:


Preheat Oven to 350˚F.


1. In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the 3 packages of softened cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar on med speed until light and fluffy and without lumps (5 min), scraping down the bowl once to make sure you don’t have chunks of cream cheese. Tip: brown sugar is considered “packed” when it holds it’s shape as it comes out of the measuring cup.


Have a taste of this cream cheese frosting. It would make a super yummy frosting actually! Just don’t eat too much. You need it for your cheesecake.


2. In a separate bowl, using a whisk, stir together 15 oz pumpkin puree, 4 large eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. Add this mixture to the cheesecake filling and continue mixing on low speed just until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.


3. Transfer filling into pre-baked crust and bake on the middle rack at 350˚F for 1 hour. Turn off heat, prop the oven door open slightly with a wooden spoon and let cheesecake sit in the oven another 45 min. Then remove from the oven and let cool to room temp before covering with plastic wrap and refrigerating. Serve when fully chilled (at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, or overnight).


4. Before serving, carefully remove cheesecake from springform pan by running a blunt knife along the sides of the cheesecake to release from the springform mold. Add desired toppings (see list above) and serve


To Make the Whipped Cream:


Tip: Freeze mixing bowl for 10 minutes to get the best whipped cream results.


1. In a cold mixing bowl, add 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp rum or vanilla. Beat on high speed until fluffy and spreadable. Don’t over-beat or it will turn buttery. It only takes less than 2 min to make fresh whipped cream.


Original article and pictures take http://natashaskitchen.com/2014/10/06/pumpkin-cheesecake-recipe/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий