понедельник, 23 мая 2016 г.

Saltine Cracker English Toffee

Saltine Cracker English Toffee


Saltine Cracker English Toffee


YUM!! I will be trying to make this Hopefully it works out.. I let you know how I go lol. Love your posts girls! xx


Use crunched up trail mix on top….adds a little sweet and a little salty! Delicious!


Can you use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate?


You bet!


YES!


I have made this the last 5-6 years for holiday gift giving. People can’t get enough of it.It really is so good.


Thank you for this recipe! This stuff is truly addicting!!! Can’t wait to make some!


People always think I’m crazy when I tell them about this recipe, but it’s the best! And I always have the ingredients on hand. You can also freeze it and they are delicious right out of the freezer.


This is a family Christmas favorite and it is requested during the year, too! It is addicting!


I have been searching for this particular recipe for quite a while. Others that I found were complicated. Thanks!


I have been searching for this particular recipe for quite a while. Others that I found were complicated. Thanks!


Dying over the ease and deliciousness of this toffee, girl! I’m thinking it’s a must-make for my holiday cookie baskets for coworkers


I remember this recipe fondly from my childhood. My best friend’s mother used to make it and it is so yummy!!! Hers didn’t include nutes, but clearly that can only make it better.


Mmm, try sprinkling heath bar chunks on top instead of nuts! So good! Thanks for the recipe!


Oh dear, my friend Annette sent me here via her blog and I think I will get into trouble. Yikes!


Holiday hugs,Pat


We are so glad you stopped by and hope you’ll be back! -The Six Sisters


YUM – This is the ultimate combo of salty and sweet!!! I think I will need to make this!!!


I just made these, OH MY…….they are so good. Thank you for the recipe.


What a super cool and unusual idea:) Love the salt and sweet stuffs!! Just dropping in from Mandatory Mooch and have been loving following you. Would love to invite you to share any of your favorite posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (no rules and live now:)


Merry Christmas!!


Love your ebooks especially “10 ways to Grow Your Blog”!


My the bottoms of many of the crackers are sticky and a real mess!


Taste is good- but I can’t give away this as a gift – help!! What did I do wrong?


As I said, tastes really good, but Almond Roca has no worries – I won’t


be any competition. LOL


Has anyone used parchment paper instead of foil? Would that work ok?


Lynda, it actually can be a slightly tricky recipe if you don’t get the boil temperature right. I remember last year I made many many batches and every once in awhile – FAIL! It was frustrating. Just remember to watch that mixture for a “rolling boil” then STOP STIRRING as it continues to boil for 3 minutes and only 3 minutes. You’re shooting for the ‘soft ball stage” in candy degrees which is about 235/245 degrees.


Give it another try with attention again to the details – it will likely work! Good luck! – Lise


Lise,


Thanks for your great tips! Merry Christmas! -The Six Sisters


Parchment should work fine.


I found your recipe through Pinterest. I just made a half batch of these today & the pieces I tried were delicious! I plan to take some to a holiday party & give some to our neighbors too!


Thanks so much for the recipe!


I stirred mine the whole time while boiling with no problems!


I made these yesterday and they are absolute heaven. HEAVEN!


Camille, These looks so easy and tasty. Thanks for sharing at Tasty Thursdays. I hope you will link up again this week. The party is live at http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com. Thanks, Nichi


We call this crack because it’s so addicting! Trisha Yearwood does it on her cooking show too!


What is the easiest way to break it up into pieces? Can you use a cookie sheet?


Can’t wait to try these!


We just broke it up with our hands. You can break it in a cookie sheet.


Another version (for people that may not like chocolate, blasphemy I know) I have made these with Graham crackers and then sprinkled the top with coarse salt and chopped roasted almonds. We called them Skor bars. I am so making them this way too now!!


Since I am allergic to chocolate (weird I know!), I have made this and put salted peanuts on the top and made brittle! It is most awesome!


Can’t wait to try this! Found you ladies on Pinterest and have been following since. I’ve tried this from someone else who made it but can’t wait to make it myself, thanks for the recipe!


I used Aldi’s milk chocolate chips on my first batch and they didn’t melt! I had to throw the whole pan out. Started from scratch with Nestlé Tollhouse Morsels and it came out perfectly. I’m only using name brand chocolate chips for melting purposes from now on!!


Guittard chocolate chips don’t melt well either.


Guittard chocolate chips don’t melt well either. But they are delicious in a chocolate chip cookie.


can this be made with plain sugar or even splenda… im a diabetic and cant seem to find one


We have only made this recipe as directed. So we can’t tell you if the plain sugar or splenda would work because we have never used it. It would definitely change the taste because it is so different from brown sugar.


Splenda makes a brown sugar rhat measures cup for cup like regular brown sugar. And its actually delicious and you can find it in the same isle as the regular sugars


This is soooo amazing. My sister (yay sisters!!!) made it at Easter and we all could not get enough! I had a hankering for it again n asked her where she got her recipe…hence why I’m here just had to send a thanks and share how amazingly delicious this is followed as is!!! Remember crazy expensive Almond Roca?!? This tastes exactly like it but even BETTER!!! Thanks a million <3


I use peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. I have been making this for about 15 years and giving it away at Christmas. I hope none of my friends see how easy this is!


Hi again!


This is another recipe that I recently shared on my blog:


http://www.juniperinherhair.com/saltine-toffee-crack/


it is such a scary-easy recipe with such bangin’ results. thanks for continually sharing quality content.


cheers!


I tried this tonight and forgot to start the timer for the 3 minute boiling so I just guestimated and then did the water test ( drops of the sugar mixture in cold water to set how it sets), and it worked great. The chocolate chips spread easily with a flat cake icing paddle. I didn’t pat the nuts into the melted chocolate and I lost a few when breaking it into pieces so I won’t forget next time. Parchment paper works great too. Really good and so easy.


I know that this recipe sounds a little strange, but I promise you- it is so addicting!


It is so easy to make (simple ingredients and it only takes a couple of minutes) and it is the perfect treat for a holiday party or neighbor gift. People will not believe you when you tell them that it’s made from saltine crackers!


Saltine Cracker English Toffee


Ingredients:


40 salted saltine crackers


1 cup (2 sticks) butter


1 cup brown sugar


2 cups milk chocolate chips


1 cup chopped nuts (I used peanuts, you can use whatever kind you like)


Directions:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Line a large jelly roll pan (mine was 15×10\u2033) with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the saltine crackers evenly on the pan (I put mine really close together so that they were touching).


In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for three minutes without stirring. After three minutes, pour the hot brown sugar mixture evenly over the saltine crackers.


Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips across the toffee. Let them melt for a couple of minutes and then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly across the toffee (like frosting).


Sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the melted chocolate. Let the toffee and chocolate cool completely (I put mine in the fridge to help it set up quickly). Break the toffee into bite-size pieces.


To store, keep in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for a couple of months.


Play Video


Play


Loaded: 0%


Progress: 0%


Remaining Time -0:00


This is a modal window.


Foreground --- White Black Red Green Blue Yellow Magenta Cyan --- Opaque Semi-Opaque


Background --- White Black Red Green Blue Yellow Magenta Cyan --- Opaque Semi-Transparent Transparent


Window --- White Black Red Green Blue Yellow Magenta Cyan --- Opaque Semi-Transparent Transparent


Font Size 50% 75% 100% 125% 150% 175% 200% 300% 400%


Text Edge Style None Raised Depressed Uniform Dropshadow


Font Family Default Monospace Serif Proportional Serif Monospace Sans-Serif Proportional Sans-Serif Casual Script Small Caps


Defaults Done


Original article and pictures take http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/12/saltine-cracker-english-toffee.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий